TALLGRASS ANIMAL ACUPRESSURE
As an associate of Tallgrass Animal Acupressure Practitioners (TGAA), I hereby pledge to abide by the TGAA Code of Ethics as outlined below.
The purpose of these efforts is to ensure that people in every locality shall have the knowledge of the health benefits of animal acupressure and the unhampered right and opportunity to obtaining the services of qualified practitioners performing animal acupressure with unquestionable standing and ability.
- I will endeavor to serve the best interest of my clients (animal and human) at all times and to provide the highest quality service possible.
- I will maintain clear and honest communications with my clients and will keep client communications confidential.
- I will acknowledge the scope of practice of my skills and, when necessary, refer clients to the appropriate qualified health care professional.
- I will maintain the highest standards of professional conduct, providing services in an ethical and professional manner in relation to my clientele, business associates, health care professionals and the general public.
- I will refrain from the use of any mind-altering drugs, alcohol, or intoxicants prior to or during professional sessions.
- I will always dress in a professional manner, proper dress being defined as attire suitable and consistent with accepted business and professional practice.
- I will respect the integrity of other forms of health care and other medical traditions and seek to develop collaborative relationships to achieve the highest quality of care for individual clients.
- I will keep accurate records of history and treatment and respect the confidentiality of those records.
- I will strive for excellence through regular assessment of personal and professional strengths and weaknesses and by continued education and training.
Scope of Practice
- I will provide services within the scope of the TGAA definition of animal acupressure and the parameters of my training. I will not employ techniques for which I have not had adequate training and will represent my education, training, qualifications and abilities honestly.
- I will not perform manipulations or adjustments of the skeletal structure, diagnose, prescribe or provide any other service, procedure or therapy which requires a license to practice chiropractic, osteopathy, physical or other branch of veterinary medicine.
- I will not apply acupressure techniques in those cases where it may be contraindicated.
- I will do everything reasonable to assure that the client is being co-managed concurrently with conventional veterinary care.
- I will insure that the performance of animal acupressure sessions are preceded by completion of the appropriate informed consent.
- I will strive to project a professional image for myself, my business and the profession in general.
- I will actively participate in educating the public regarding the actual benefits of animal acupressure.
- I will practice honesty in advertising, promote my services ethically and in good taste, and practice and/or advertise only those techniques for which I have received adequate training and/or certification.
- I will not make false claims regarding the potential benefits of the techniques rendered. It is unethical to guarantee a cure.
- I will not misrepresent my credentials, training, experience, or ability, and any advertisements will not contain material claims of superiority that cannot be substantiated.